Friday, May 22, 2015

Blog Stats & My First Google Payment


Today I received my first ever payment from Google. Obviously this is NOT a dividend payment since GOOG doesn't pay dividends. Instead it is my first Adsense payment and it is a whopping $114.25.

I first decided to include ads on the blog around Christmas 2014, so it took about four months to qualify for the first $100 payment. Realistically I could have probably collected aluminum cans and made more money. However, that would require actual work so I probably would have bailed on the idea pretty quickly.

Also here is the latest info on my blog courtesy of Blogger. I started using Google Analytics about a month ago, but I haven't figured out a way to cut and paste a nice clean graph yet.

According to Blogger, April's page views came in at 27,856. As I have mentioned in the past, the Blogger pageview count seems much higher than the actual count. This turns out to be the case as you can see below in the May MTD pageview count comparison.


May 01 through May 21

Blogger pageviews --- 18,378
Google Analytics pageviews --- 13,697

So as you can see, the difference is almost 4700 and that is for only three weeks.

Again, the graph below is from Blogger, but it is the only graph that I can cut and paste....and Yes I am sure there is probably some way that I could export an Excel spreadsheet or Google Docs spreadsheet. Actually I'm not sure that I could do this, but I'm sure many of you probably could. Actually who cares if I can or can't export a graph. Cutting and pasting the Blogger graph works for me and will continue to work for me.

Anyway, I haven't posted much this month, so I will not be reaching new highs. My MTD Adsense total right now is only about $12. Like I mentioned above, it takes a hell of a lot of page views to earn any real money. If I ever reach $50 in a month, it will be a miracle.



Graph of Blogger page views


I hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend.

DEFY MEDIOCRITY

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first payment, might as well collect that free money if you are blogging anyways.

    A good tool to take screenshots from your browser if you are using chrome is called Nimbus Screenshot. You can download the plugin from the Chome Store here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/nimbus%20screen

    It's a really convenient tool.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GYFG,

      Free money is a good thing! I'll have to check out that list of suggestions. :-) My threshold typically is about 4 attempts at "computer stuff" before I lose interest.

      MDP

      Delete
  2. Congrats MDP. It took me far longer than 4 months to get paid from Adsense. Give it time and you'll be earning more than you expect.....doing something you enjoy anyway. Have a great weekend!
    -Bryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bryan,

      Thanks! I love the idea of receiving extra "semi-passive" income. I will gladly log the $114 in this month's passive income summary.

      Enjoy your weekend!

      MDP

      Delete
  3. Great stuff getting some side income from your blog. Your blog has some nice page view stats too. Keep up the good work and sharing. Look forward to those future weekly Sharebuilder buys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DivHut,

      Thanks for the encouragement. The weekly buys are definitely ingrained in my investment strategy. I may change things up a bit in the future. Stay tuned!

      MDP

      Delete
  4. MDP,

    The first of many checks, I'm sure! :)

    Have a great holiday weekend.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DM,

      Have a great weekend yourself. Although since your weeks and weekends are morphed into one perpetual weekend I don't think you will notice anything different. :-)

      Delete
  5. Very nice looking site stats (and cheque). I have only just bumbled into your site myself. I get a feeling it will be the first of many visits.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dividend Drive,

      Thanks for the visit! I hope to stop by again in the future. I will check out your site as well.

      Have a great weekend!

      MDP

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the first check. The next $114 will take much less time to achieve. Plus to earn $114 over a six month period with dividends, you would have to invest $5700 in a company yielding 4%.

    Have a nice weekend!

    DGI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DGI,

      I love the comparison to dividend investing. Money is money regardless of the source. Well legally earned money that is. :-)

      MDP

      Delete
  7. MDP - Congrats on your first Google payment...I'm still awaiting mine but getting close. Maybe in a month or two.

    Cheers to the first of many Google AdSense payment! AFFJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AFFJ,

      Thanks. I hope you get your payment soon! Passive income is great whether it comes from investments or Adsense!

      MDP

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the page views and the Google payment. I just collected my first $100 as well, but it took me about a year to get there! Page views and uniques has been going up each month, though so I can't complain. I'm at about $9-12/month in ad review as it is now. Definitely not anything to right home about but still not too shabby! Keep up the good work, MDP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott,

      I don't ever expect to get rich with the Adsense income, but a $100 every now and then is nice to see when it hits my account. Great job increasing your traffic!

      MDP

      Delete