Monday, July 25, 2016

June 2016 Income & Expenses


The amounts below are cash amounts and are net of taxes, insurance, 401k contributions, HSA, etc. In other words, the amounts are what get deposited and withdrawn from my accounts.

Day job (take home pay) --- $11754.60
Dividends/Interest --- $272.27

Total net income --- $12026.87

Expenses --- $7298.00 (Taken from Mint)

Savings  $4728.87 --- Rate  $39.31%

Expenses continue to stay elevated and I feel like I am losing the battle. I won't quit trying though!! However, summer vacations and a seemingly endless gauntlet of birthdays are overpowering me.

I feel pretty confident that I can hold the line at $5000 in expenses this month, but I have plans for an August Disney World trip which should be pretty expensive next month. The good news is that I have already paid for and included the 5-day hotel, park tickets, and food expenses in the previous month's report.

I'm sure by taking my girlfriend, her daughter, and her little sister that the budget will go to hell. Getting 3 girls to avoid shopping while on vacation is futile. LOL Anyway, the great experiences will far outweigh any annoying expenses that pop up.

On a positive note, I had the biggest income month of the year and July is looking pretty strong as well. Houston is by no means out of the woods. Things are beginning to stabilize a bit so we'll see how the back half of the year goes.

Regardless of what happens with the economy, I will continue busting my ass and investing in dividends paying stocks. Just give me a big pullback and I'll be happy!

DEFY MEDIOCRITY

2 comments:

  1. Have a good time MDP. You're new chapter. I'm happy for you. Do it up and treat them girls like gold. They'll appreciate it.
    Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work. It's nice to see a post from you bro.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hustler,

      Thanks bud! Your relentless efforts can be felt by many including me! I cannot wait to meet Mickey Mouse!

      MDP

      Delete